20 April, 2016

Salute 2016 in Purchases

So how did I spend my hard earned shekels at Salute this year? Here's the haul:


And the breakdown:

Marvel Universe Miniatures Game - Guardians of the Galaxy - My friend Aaron and I have been looking at getting into this game ever since it was released earlier this year. He bought the Avengers set while I went for the Guardians of the Galaxy (Rocket Raccoon - need I say anymore?). Having subsequently watched the movie again (twice) I can safely say I am quite looking forward to giving this game a go!

Various Reaper Bones miniatures - Warmonger Miniaturs Ltd had brought a whole range of Reaper Bones stuff with them, so I thought it would be rude to to take advantage of that. These will most likely be used for Pathfinder or D&D.

Copplestone Castings Gangsters ('Tommy Gunners' & 'The O'Hare Boys') - These were purchased for use in a game my friend Richard and I are working on. That's all I'll say for now...

Various MDF bases - I was running low on these, so I restocked at Colonel Bill's.

Polyhedral Dice - Despite the fact I've been playing Pathfinder for the past two years, I don't actually own my own set of polyhedral dice. Now I do.

Army Painter Tufts - These were found in Troll Trader's bargain bin. At £2 a pop I bought a few different ones. These are always great to have in any modeller's arsenal, they'll definitely get used on some future project.

And best of all I think, a Gale Force Nine Frozen Star System Space Mat for the bargain price of £10 (normally £50!) from Troll Trader:

Now I just need to find a good space combat game to play on it...

So did I stick things I'd listed out in the previous post?

Well, sort of.

I didn't find any 6mm terrain, but I did get a good look at the GHQ WW2 range from Magister Militum. They were surprisingly detailed for 6mm miniatures and I definitely plan on purchasing from them in the future. I also completely forgot to go to Black Scorpion, so I missed out on looking at their new fantasy football miniatures.

Overall I'm quite pleased with what I bought. I kept the model count low this year, I've already got enough to be getting on with!

I didn't wait long to get started on the new purchases though:

The Guardians of the Galaxy are already built and ready to paint!

No comments:

Post a Comment