31 May, 2016

Time off, Time spent, Time lost.

Having a week off from work is a funny thing; it both simultaneously creates and prevents apathy. Time constraints are a great motivator; we know the pressure of deadlines, we want to fill the few hours in the evening after work with something productive (well, I do at least). In my case, having any extended length of time available inevitably leads to procrastination - I am my own best and worst motivator.

Despite this I have managed to get some work done on my various projects:
  • My 500 points of Warhammer Fantasy is nearly complete.
  • I've worked out a 2000 point list for Epic Armageddon (and ordered some more models for it).
  • I finished work conceptualising a special box of decks for Magic: The Gathering.
  • I've worked out lists and purchased miniatures for two teams of Heroes and Villains for Super Open Combat.
Earlier this week I even managed to make myself go out and do a bit of photography practice. I decided I'd like to try and catch the sun rise over the local park and challenge myself to get some pictures of the local wildlife. My friend Steve decided to tag along as well; we got to Harrow Lodge Park at around 4:50am, clear skies in evidence.

Unfortunately it begun to cloud over quite quickly, so the light wasn't particularly great; the sunrise almost non existent. Nevertheless we trudged around the perimemter of the lake and took some photos along the way. I have a newfound respect for wildlife photographers; it is exceptionally difficult to get pictures of animals. I did my best though, and learnt a few things:
  • Light is everything.
  • I need to work on picking appropriate depth of field.
  • I really enjoy taking macro images.
Anyhow, here's what I managed to produce:


I still need to complete my 10 minutes, 10 steps, 10 photographs assignment. Perhaps I'll do that in the second half of this week. Or maybe I'll get distracted and do something else entirely. Who knows.

No comments:

Post a Comment